Dogs poisoned in Ironbridge

Deliberate poisoning is believed to be responsible for the deaths of two beloved family dogs near Ironbridge, Shropshire.

Clio, an eleven year old black Labrador, and Jessie, an eleven month old Springer Spaniel, began to fit on Friday evening. Within a few hours they were dead.

Their owners, Richard and Dawn Hodge, told the Shropshire Star newspaper that food mixed with a white powder had been left at the garden gate, a favourite spot for the dogs. Police have suggested the power could have been weed killer and are awaiting the results of forensic tests.
Thee offering a

  • Paul Nolan

    Terrible…

    Someone poisoned my dogs years ago (with white powder that turned out to be warfarin)

    Hopefully they’ll get the bastards.