Labrador saves owners from fire

Max, a black Labrador from Bewdley in Worcestershire, has saved his owners from a fire in their flat.

His owners, Roberta Marshall and George Fowler, had removed the battery from their smoke alarm. Thankfully, Max’s barking woke them and they were able to get out in time.

Roberta told the Express and Star newspaper:

“We owe our lives to Max because if he had not woken us up we might not have made it out alive.

“We went to bed as normal about 10.30pm and the next thing we know Max was jumping up and down and barking like mad.”